Old January 3rd 11, 02:49 PM
kziegler kziegler is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Fry View Post
"Ron J" wrote
I'm still skeptical about this formula:
Field Strength (uV/m) = 10 ^ ( (107 - |dBm| ) / 20 )
Is this valid? I saw this formula somewhere and jotted it down.

_______________

uV/m = 10^[(dBm - G + 20*log(F) + L +75)/20]

where

dBm = signal level at receiver input in dB with respect to 1 mW
G = receiving antenna gain in dBd
L = line loss in decibels
F = Frequency in MHz

RF

Sorry for bumping up the post, but I have the same question and there are some explenations after the above post. Neither confirmed that the equation above is the right one to calculate uV/m into dBm.

I have a same question but in the other direction. I have V/m and want to convert it to dBm does anybody know the answer to this?

I have already looked at this site:
http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-volt.htm

But it is only possible to convert V into dBm and not V/m into dBm.
Or is V the same as V/m? I don't that those are the same.

The reason why I ask is because the regulations of my country says that the E = 30,7 V/m may not exceed for transmitting between 2-10GHz. No where in that document I found the maximum allowed transmitted power in dBm.

grtz

Kristof
(making a study about LTE radio link budget)