Old January 3rd 11, 06:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default On Flexweave...?

On 01/04/2011 05:50 AM, bpnjensen wrote:

Thank you Gentlemen - I don't live in a difficult climate (water
scarcely freezes here, we never get snow and the highest annual wind
gust is typically about 40 mph, not a big deal), but my main concern
is that I'd like to avoid (as long as possible) wear on the copper
conductor as a result of the thing being strung in some trees (I have
literally no other place to put it). I thought the coating might help
reduce abrasion. Maybe it's not a problem. For that matter, I might
just as well use a 12/14-gauge braided zip cord or hookup wire.

You could "prototype" it in scrap wire, decide it works great and be
done with it.

I have a 70 X 100 lot. I gotta go straight up. I do have a 50' random
wire and an MLB I use for the SW2. My ham radios are verticals. I'm
going to play with big horizontal loops next.