Old January 8th 11, 05:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default No Reception At All! Heeelp

On 01/08/2011 04:38 AM, mikepak wrote:
Hi from Belfast! I have a portable ROBERTS R9914. I used to DX in my
youth a lot and wanted to start again. Dispair - I live in a block of
flats central Belfast and my receiver gets absolutely NO SW at all! Is
this normal? Any tips would be handy....I dont have an external antenna
yet - for some reason it cant be shipped to NI by Amazon!

Happy DX ING to the rest of you!

Michael

I think we call that the Sangean ATS-505, decent radio. Have you tried
killing power to the building whilst listening with batteries? Is your
problem no signal or too much noise? Do you have roof access? What is
your building made of?