Old January 8th 11, 11:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.news-media
RHF RHF is offline

Default Two Different "K"s : Karabin & Kalashnikov

On Jan 8, 9:24*am, dave wrote:
On 01/07/2011 11:15 PM, wrote:

On Jan 6, 4:38 pm, *wrote:
On 01/07/2011 01:36 PM, wrote:

On Jan 7, 12:25 am, m * *wrote:
On 11-01-04 11:06 PM, wrote:

In the Cold War I lived through all those guys were allies.

What allies ??? I seriously think that you are absolutely AND
positively insane...

They were allies to each other. The USA wasn't in the club.

mike

In the 60's PRC and SU weren't exactly known as allies. In SE Asia
they did support any left radical movement by sending hardware and
advisors . For free.

They all carried Kalashnikovs.

- - No.The French left lots of weaponry.
- - And don't forget Mosin,SKS,PPSh etc.

- He's the K in SKS too, isn't he?

Dave,

That does not appear to be true.

SKS : Samozaryadnyj Karabin sistemy Simonova
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SKS
-designed-by- Sergei Gavrilovich Simonov
-note- The "K" was for 'Karabin' -english- 'Carbine'
-fwiw- The 'S' was for 'Simonova' ~ 'Simonov'

AK-47 : Kalashnikov Automatic Rifle, 1947 Model
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47
-designed-by- Mikhail Kalashnikov
-note- The "K" was for 'Kalashnikov'
-fwiw- The "A' was for Automatic {Assault}

and now you know - cause...
you just read it here ~ RHF