Old January 16th 11, 03:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Happy The FCC Is Doing Something With 'Wasted' TV Spectrum -Yes !

On 01/16/2011 04:11 AM, RHF wrote:
On Jan 15, 6:20 am, wrote:

- Just answer "yes" or "no"

'Special-Dave' I can't answer Yes -or- No
-cause- Up here in Them-There-Hills : We do not
receive any reliable Over-the-Air TV Signals
-so- It's Pay for Cable TV or Pay for Satellite TV.

But 'if' the Question is about the FCC Selling-Off
un-used 'White Space' in and between the TV
Channels : YES !
-all-in-the-name-of-the-greater-good-
-all-in-the-name-of-progress-

No. They want 512 MHz to 698 MHz for mobile broadband so AT&T and
Verizon can put Time Warner and Viacom and Comcast out of business. No
UHF TV anymore. This is not the White Spaces thing, which is now
obviously moot.