Old January 17th 11, 02:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Inline Isolators for RFI reduction ?

On 1/16/2011 5:07 PM, bpnjensen wrote:

Short answer - I am getting desperate over the noise level here.
Grasping at straws.

The fellow I spoke to who makes these things said they are best used
as close to the receiver input as possible.

You will certainly need to locate the noise source and place the antenna
as far away as possible and orientate the antenna so the direction
favored by the particular antenna is pointed AWAY form the noise source.
You will probably want to use a 9:1 balun and use coax for the run
past any noise source and to provide isolation from noise sources in the
home. A GOOD GROUND on the receiver will serve you well. If possible,
would also be good to ground the coax braid at the antenna, or run a
wire down to ground as short as possible ...

Regards,
JS