Old February 9th 04, 06:42 PM
Michael Black

"Pete KE9OA" ) writes:
It must have been some kind of coupling element.................the
regenerative circuits I have seen otherwise use a pot for the feedback
element. I did try one of those circuits, and it didn't work too well.

Pete

Of course, there were a couple of articles about a regen receiver that
used an optocoupler in QST. One was a straight regen, the other was
a "supergainer", ie a converter ahead of a regen detector. They had
to be in the past 4 or 5 years, though I don't have them handy. I forget
whether the optocoupler was for signal coupling, or for regen control.

Michael VE2BVW

"Nocturnal1" wrote in message
Geez - I'd give my right ___ for that schematic.
Craig may have put alot of work into it, but he's no longer producing

them.
eBay prices are at ridiculous levels for this thing. I just wanna make ONE
for myself - not infringe on any copyrights or patents. It won't look the
same and probably won't be the same - but I'd sure like to see why the
optoisolator is in there...
~Tom

"Pete KE9OA" wrote in message
news
I saw a schematic for the amplifier years ago. They key was what

appeared
be linear optoisolators in the feedback circuitry.
I was going to build it up, but it looked as if the designer put quite a

bit
of work into the circuit design, so I took a pass on it.
I purged the details from my hard drive a few years back.

Pete

"Nocturnal1" wrote in message
I've built several loops and they are all similar as you say, but the

KIWA
loop is quite a different animal! I've have mild success with what

I've
done
so far in my efforts to duplicate one, but I cannot seem to find much

on
the
regenerative loop and circuitry contained within it.

~Tom in Mn