Old January 21st 11, 08:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
amdx amdx is offline

Default Magazine article "For the L of it".

"Eskay" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 11:34:39 -0600, amdx wrote:

"Eskay" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 15:32:34 -0600, amdx wrote:

I recall an article in QST or "73", I think the title was,
"For the L of it"
I'm looking for the magazine it was in and the date it was printed.
The article described a series LC, a fixed L and a air variable C.
The impedance of the L was bigger than the impedance of the C,
and by adjusting the C you caused the inductance to vary.
So in effect you have a variable inductor.
Thanks, Mikek

73 magazine March 1980 page 40. I have the magazine and I have a
scanner.
If you want a copy let me know.
73 de VE3JUA

Thank you VE,