Old January 23rd 11, 04:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Are There Korean Number Stations ?

On Jan 22, 10:47*pm, wrote:
On Jan 22, 6:06*pm, RHF wrote:

On Jan 22, 2:36*pm, "Colic" wrote:
- Yes, there are Korean numbers stations.
-
- North Korea stopped numbers transmissions on SW around 2000, however
they
- continue limited activity on MW and VHF.
-
- South Korea has been continuously active with numbers on SW since at
least
- as far back as the mid 1970's. *Currently V24 and M94 are the only
two SK
- stations I am aware of, and likely the only ones that keep a regular
- schedule if there are others.
-
- V24 and M94 both underwent a large shift in habits at the first of
this
- year, as they also did the first of last year. *As of yet the new
schedule
- has not been determined, but is in process.
-
- The numbers station page you pointed to in another post (http://
token_radio.home.mchsi.com/numbers_station_v24.htm) contained a
- schedule that was accurate at the end of the year, but is only about
50%
- right now. *V24 activated at least three frequencies that had not
been in
- use for a year.
-
- The 4900 kHz freq you quoted is indeed currently used by V24,
however the
- time slot you mentioned has never been noted in over 30 years. *V24
and M94
- have only been seen between 1200 and 1700 UTC. *This makes me doubt
that
- what you heard was actually V24.
-
- Although CA has been the most successful place to report V24 and M94
(http://www.spynumbers.com/numbersDB/....php3andusethe
search
- feature, set dates from 1982 to current, put V24 in the ENIGMA
block, you
- will find most reports are from CA) it is very unlikely that you
would have
- propagation from Korea to you on that freq at 0920 UTC.

-*Could you have gotten the time UTC wrong?
-
- C!

C! : Thanks for the reply and INFO on the South
Korea [SPY] V24 and M94 Numbers Stations.

- - -note- Most people here on RRS will tell you that I am
- - often totally wrong about many things ;;-}} ~ RHF

- At least he is honest today...

Arthrny : I Am 'Honest' Each and Every Day . . .

Some Days Honestly 'right' ! )

Some Days Honestly "WRONG" ! :-{

-and- most days a little of both ;;-}} ~ RHF