Old December 2nd 03, 12:57 AM
Dave Shrader

In the Olden days, 1955 - 1960, I would startle [shock] the patrons at
the local Ice Cream Parlor by pulling into the parking lot at sundown
and load up my AM mobile on 75 meter phone with 60 watts into an 8 foot
whip and have a friend, also a ham, walk around the parking lot with an
8 foot fluorescent bulb being held in just one hand asking 'HELP, HELP,
Please someone HELP'. The owner of the Ice Cream Parlor, K1III, would
just chuckle as patrons came in asking for the phone. grin

Well, boys will be boys!

Deacon Dave, W1MCE

Richard Harrison wrote:

hsuri wrote:
"A thin cylindrical tube which glowed when it sensed radiation."