Old January 27th 11, 09:23 AM
n0pants n0pants is offline
Junior Member

Default URGENT: Help Needed Communicating with Egyptian Protestors

Hi-

I'm an Internet activist working with Telecomix http://www.telecomix.org, a Europe-based group that works for free speech & an open Internet. We are currently providing comms support for protesters against the Mubarak dictatorship on the ground in Egypt - ways to evade Internet censorship, retweeting, IRC channels, medical advice, etc.. See http://twitter.com/telecomix for an example

As communications conditions deteriorate (the city of Suez was completely cut off from the outside world tonight), we are exploring non-Internet modes of communication, including ham, shortwave and pirate radio. We need your help.

We are looking for radio operators who can reach Egypt (European, presumably), as well as technical advice and recruiting assistance. I will continue to monitor this forum, or you can join us on irc.telecomix.org Web client at http://chat.werebuild.eu/?nick=hamra...reisand&uio=d4

Thanks!

--n0pants

Last edited by n0pants : January 27th 11 at 09:28 AM Reason: formatting