Old January 30th 11, 04:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bert Hyman Bert Hyman is offline

Default HT Batteries

In Bob S.
wrote:

I'm studying for my tech license and I'm thinking of buying an HT to
carry with me on hunting trips. I'll want to use the best/longest
lasting batteries that I can. What are your opinions of the various
batteries available?

If you're in the field away from commercial power, you'll either need carry
a stock of alkaline batteries (and make sure you have a battery pack for
your HT that can take them), or have some other way to charge whatever sort
of rechargeable cells you choose.

--
Bert Hyman W0RSB St. Paul, MN