Old January 30th 11, 07:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Drifter Drifter is offline

Default Hitler's Radio War

On 1/30/2011 9:15 AM, Roger wrote:
Members of this group may be interested to know that my book 'Hitler's
Radio War' will be published on January 31. This new, illustrated work
is a study of the external service of the Nazi wartime radio and the
'pesonalities' who worked for it. Topics covered include Lord Haw-
Haw, Axis Sally and Mary of Arnhem, as well as Germany's overt and
clandestine broadcasts to Britain, the United States, the Soviet
Union, the Middle East and other areas of the world. There is also a
chapter on the Nazis' use of jazz and swing music to 'sway' overseas
audiences in a direction favourable to the Nazis. Finally, the book
attempts to guage the success of Nazi radio propaganda to the various
target audiences.

'Hitler's Radio War' , published in London by Robert Hale Ltd, is
available from all good book shops and online book sellers. Roger Tidy

Roger.

Thank you for this. I, for one, was interested in this subject. we
have a state-side pirate, who plays clips from those dark days. you may
also want to contact the NASWA club, they do many book reviews on radio,
etc, subjects. -www.naswa.net-.

(gotta say it)

"GO STEELERS"

Drifter...