Old February 1st 11, 08:05 AM
eddy eddy is offline
Junior Member

Default Quarter-wave matching coaxial cable

To to feed a delta loop with a 1/4 wavellenght coaxial section I used my MFJ259B following the instruction of the MFJ259b manual (7.1 Testing Stubs)
To verify the section I have followed other two methods:
1. MFJ259 manual (Testing Stub with help of 50ohm resistor for lowest SWR)
2. ON4UN method described by Low-Band Dxing Book (Chapter 6, Quarter-wave matching section)

The measures that I got with each of the three methods are too different.
By accepting a reasonable differences in the results, which of the three methods are considered more reliable ?
Ed, IV3TQE