Old February 5th 11, 12:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Full Wave Horizontal Loop

Built one this morning for 10 Mhz (99 feet). Took about 15 minutes. It
works pretty well only 10' up. I'm going to put a bigger one on the
roof. Very low noise. Costs nothing. (You can drive the feedpoint with a
CATV balun, I'm using a 4:1 LDG balun).

VSWR is about 3:1 from 7 Mhz to 15 Mhz with a little dip at 9.9 MHz
(resonance). As this is a receive only antenna I didn't bother trimming
for absolute minimem VSWR. I didn't test lower with the bridge, but I
can get KFI (0.64 MHz) on it. I hear very little QRM on the loop.

http://www.radioworks.com/nloop.html