Old February 5th 11, 08:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default Tierra Del Fuego on my new loop antenna

On Feb 5, 5:01*am, dave wrote:
On 02/04/2011 07:32 PM, bpnjensen wrote:

On Feb 4, 6:26 pm, *wrote:
On 02/04/2011 06:10 PM, RHF wrote:

On Feb 4, 5:45 pm, * *wrote:

- LU9XT 10145.5 KHz psk31 0140 Saturday
- 34.4, -118.4 (still using the R75)
- 6,853 miles

Dave

Please describe {tell us more about} this new Loop Antenna.

iwtk ~ RHF
* *.

99 feet of THHN 14g stranded wire, LDG 4:1 Balun. 10-12 ft. in the air..

Awesome!

It's theoretically a circle with a diameter of 99/3.1416 feet, which
fits in the part of the back yard you can't see from the patio
(important to some). *It doesn't seem to mind being around other wire
antennas too much. I'm going to start building one twice as big for the
roof; I don't think I'll use red 14g wire this time.

Does it mind running within about 10 feet of an electric residential
feeder wire?