Old February 6th 11, 01:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default Full Wave Horizontal Loop

On Feb 5, 9:40*am, dave wrote:
On 02/05/2011 09:37 AM, RHF wrote:

On Feb 4, 4:03 pm, *wrote:
Built one this morning for 10 Mhz (99 feet). Took about 15 minutes. It
works pretty well only 10' up. I'm going to put a bigger one on the
roof. Very low noise. Costs nothing. (You can drive the feedpoint with a
CATV balun, I'm using a 4:1 LDG balun).

VSWR is about 3:1 from 7 Mhz to 15 Mhz with a little dip at 9.9 MHz
(resonance). As this is a receive only antenna I didn't bother trimming
for absolute minimem VSWR. *I didn't test lower with the bridge, but I
can get KFI (0.64 MHz) on it. I hear very little QRM on the loop.

http://www.radioworks.com/nloop.html

Dave,

OK so it's a called "Sky-Wire" Full Wave {Length}
Horizontal Loop Antenna
http://n1su.com/loop.html
http://www.k5rcd.org/hor%20loop%20instruct.htm
* .
-or- Loop 'Sky-Wire' Antenna
http://srgproperties.inetusanow.net/.../9467_2192.pdf
* .
"Sky-Wires" come in Odd and Random Shapes . . .
http://www.qsl.net/kc8opv/antennas/s...oop/index.html
* .
171-Meter Loop Skywire Antenna for PSK
http://www.eham.net/articles/17512
* .
The Delta Loop (Sky-Wire) Antenna
http://dk5ec.de/deltaloop-eng.htm
Delta Loop : 3-Sided using only 3 Mounting/Rigging Points
=out+across+back=
* .
Sky Wave {Skywave}
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skywave
* .
"NVIS" = Near Vertical Incident Skywave Antenna
http://www.qsl.net/wb5ude/nvis/
http://www.w0ipl.net/ECom/NVIS/nvis.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_Ve...idence_Skywave
* .
iane ~ RHF
* .
* .
Sky-Wire Loop Antenna : Yahoo Group ~1200 Members
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SkyWires/
"NVIS" = Near Vertical Incident Skywave Antenna
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_Ve...idence_Skywave
* .
K9AY Terminated Loop Antenna: Yahoo Group ~900 Members
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/K9AYloop/
* .
Loop Antenna News and Information Forum :
Yahoo Group +3100 Members
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/loopantennas/
* .
Amateur Radio "HAM" Antennas : Yahoo Group ~2400 Members
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ham-antennas/
* .
SEARCH Yahoo Group -for- Loop Antennas
http://groups.yahoo.com/search?query...a&sort=members
* .
Shortwave Listeners (SWL) Antennas :
Yahoo Group ~5000 Members
+plus+ AM/FM Antennas
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
* .
Windom Antenna *: Yahoo Group ~800 Members
+plus+ Off-Center-Fed (OCF) Dipole Antennas
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/windom_antenna/
* .
* .

Leave it to you to make a 99 foot full wave loop of wire complicated.

Is the reception decent on 80m? I bet it's killer on 30.