Old February 6th 11, 03:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default 60 Foot Random Wire Shortwave [SWL] Antenna ?

On Feb 5, 7:23*pm, dave wrote:
On 02/05/2011 02:32 PM, bpnjensen wrote:

How much does the 30 vertical do for you, other than collect
vertically polarized QRM? *The only reason, really, I built it this
way was to allow the 9:1 antenna unun to be mounted near ground (the
ground is not in place yet, but will be soon). *Otherwise, I would
have put the whole thing up high, or possibly sloped with the unun end
down.

This morning (1800z onward), the VOA relays from MDG and BOT (Africa)
on 16 and 19 meters were coming in almost like locals.

Bruce

90 feet is way better than 60 feet. Sunspots have been sucky.

You said. The solar flux is still just barely above 80.