Old February 6th 11, 05:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default 60 Foot Random Wire Shortwave [SWL] Antenna ?

On Feb 6, 6:09*am, dave wrote:
On 02/06/2011 02:14 AM, RHF wrote:

On Feb 5, 2:32 pm, *wrote:
* .
- The only reason, really, I built it this way was to
- allow the 9:1 antenna *unun to be mounted near
- ground (the ground is not in place yet, but will be
- soon). *Otherwise, I would have put the whole thing
- up high, or possibly sloped with the unun end down.

Close to the Ground is 'good'.
* .
- This morning (1800z onward), the VOA relays from
- MDG and BOT (Africa) on 16 and 19 meters were
- coming in almost like locals.
-
- Bruce

Real slopers have the feedpoint at the top.

Yepp, but then it's a lot harder to get the thing grounded. Either
way, you still get a more omni pattern.