Old February 7th 11, 05:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Full Wave Horizontal Loop

On 02/07/2011 08:10 AM, RHF wrote:

Dave,

Instead of running the Coax Cable up to the Wire of the
Loop Antenna and Feeding the Loop Antenna at the Top.

Try Feeding the Loop at Ground Level with 450 Ohm
Ladder Line or 300 Ohm Twin Lead from the LDG Balun
located on the Ground up to the Wire Loop Antenna.

Gawd I hope you're kidding. The feed point is under the fascia out back.
It is maybe 9' up. The BalUn is hanging on a screw hook with either end
of the loop held in place by staples and attached to the BalUn. A 10
year old prefab 50' Radio Shack RF cable goes to my MFJ feedthrough.

It works great on 10.140 MHz and above, below that the noise-reduction
capabilities suffer.

I do not want a rhombic antenna. I have a steerable vertical array.