Old February 7th 11, 05:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Kevin Alfred Strom Kevin Alfred Strom is offline

Default Liberty Net: January 29, 2011

On 2/7/2011 11:24 AM, m II wrote:
On 11-02-06 07:13 PM, Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:

eternal-september is evil. why the attraction?

Really? What's evil about it?

It seems to have developed a reputation as a place where spammers
and others of their ilk post from. They think it may give them a
sense of anonymity. It may not be of benefit to your message if
people were to perceive you were trying to hide something.

I know you're not, but someone less familiar with your perspectives
may fall into an erroneous conclusion.

That's basically my view on it and is subjective in every way...

mike

Okay, thanks. Do aioe.org and x-privat.org and tioat.net have
similar reputations? They seem to be the only easy and free ways
(besides Google Groups, whose interface and censorship I find
intolerable) to get the discussion groups on Usenet these days.

I actually didn't much like eternal-september's servers -- difficult
to make it work with my newsreader and unreliable too. The reason I
was experimenting was because my preferred provider had an outage.

With my best,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--
http://nationalvanguard.org/