Old February 10th 11, 05:27 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.scanner
Barry OGrady[_3_] Barry OGrady[_3_] is offline

Default Home Patrol -- Is it worth it?

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 08:33:23 -0800 (PST), Kidd Joe
wrote:

I’m just fishing for some honest opinions here before I drop $500 on a
new scanner. I recently sold an unblocked AOL MKIII I bought in 2004,
because it became basically useless for the purpose of full coverage
scanning. I never lost my fascination for the hobby, so I’m
considering a Home Patrol (or a Pro-106) to at least enjoy the trunk
tracking capability it didn‘t have.

The problem for me is that with all this encrypting going on, is it
really worth the money? I mean how much longer can I take advantage of
casual eavesdropping before I end up with an expensive paper weight I
can‘t use for anything else? That’s why I’d appreciate your take on
it.

There will always be unencripted transmissions on AM and FM.

Thank You.