Old February 10th 11, 02:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default WHY ? Does The SWL "Sloper" Antenna Have A 'Down-Wire' ?

On Feb 10, 5:25*am, dave wrote:

- - On 02/09/2011 07:58 PM, RHF wrote:
- - .
- - Somewhere I remember reading that a SWL'er* had
- - taken a longer piece of Insulated Stranded Copper
- - Wire and repaced the shorter Down-Wire of his
- - "Sloper" Antenna. *Routed/Run this Insulated Wire
- - down the Side of the House and out along the ground
- - under the 'Lay' of the Sloping Antenna Wire Element.
- - * Claim that his produced the best Signals and least
- - noise and was better than grounding the Down-Wire
- - at the Side of the House. {I have not tried that yet}
- - .

- SWLers claim a lot of bogus things.

Dave,

IMHO : More Often Then Not The SWL'ers State The
Simple Honest Factual Truth As They Hear* It )

* Their Own Personal Subjective Experience
{What Appears To Work For Them}
-versus- Objective Measured Evidence and Advertising Hype

What I have found out over the years Dave is
what Works for one Shortwave Radio Listener
[SWL] in one location does not necessarily
translate and work for the guy : down-the-street
over-the-hill; down-on-the-3rd-floor; etc etc etc...

The Is NO Single Right Way {One Size Does NOT Fit All}

Generally I take people at their Word and their
Claimed Results : Look just this last few weeks
BpnJ built his own new home brewed SWL
Antenna and says it produces a better Signal
and Lower Noise than his Commercial DX-Ultra
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/3377.html
Professionally Engineering and Factory Made
SWL Antenna.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...efdc4caaa8ceff
Simply Happy That BpnJ is Getting Better Results