Old February 12th 11, 07:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
aldg aldg is offline

Default How to add external AM/FM antenna to a radio

I have a Craig CR-4100 radio at my desk at work. It's surrounded by a
metal shelf work on the desk top. As a result, it picks up only 1 or 2
FM stations and no AM stations.

The radio's built-in antennas a

1. Internal bakelite AM antenna with NO external antenna input plug;
and an

2. External (on back of radio) extending metal pole FM antenna with NO
external antenna input plug.

I would like to add an active or passive external AM and FM antenna
that I can set on the top of the desk's metal shelf work and allow the
radio to pull in all the local AM and FM stations.

From the Usenet Newsgroup: rec.radio.shortwave, I would like the
following:

1. A suggestion for an external AM and FM active or passive antenna;
and

2. A wiring diagram that will describe how to install the external
antenna.

Thanks, in advance for your input in this matter.

Al Gershen
Grants Pass, OR, USA