Old February 14th 11, 01:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Art Unwin Art Unwin is offline

Default Loop fed yagi

I did something like that over a decade ago under
A constant impedance antenna system
patent application.
What I did was to capacity couple a dipole arrangement
which I placed very close to a antenna array to get a
constant impedance. The final set up comprises then of two occillators. This coupling method was picked up by a lot of people
because of its attribute of removing noise via
capacitive coupling. Basically the connecting impedance
point travelled along the length of the feed dipole
which also provided a broader bandwidth with a stable
impedance.