Old February 14th 11, 05:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default Reception Reports sent recently

On Feb 12, 10:24*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
Well, the new inverted-L antenna is grounded and the cable mostly
buried; now I will try to add the RF isolator at the point where the
cable enters the house, and see if that happens.

I have had quite good luck with this antenna, relatively speaking. *It
has lower noise generally than any other antenna I have constructed,
works *very* well on the MFJ-1026 noise canceller along with the DX-
Ultra antenna, and delivers a noticeably stronger desired signal than
the antenna it replaces. *I believe I am still limited by my location,
along the SF bayshore surrounded by hills, and in a RFI soup.

Having said that, I have managed to hear well and send out reception
reports recently for VOIRI Iran; HD2IOA Ecuador; BBC-IO Relay
Seychelles; RN de la RASD, Algeria; and a couple of easier grabs, CVC
1Africa Zambia and BBC Relay Ascension Island. *Also did a retread of
VOA Botswana (why won't VOA even send an e-mail?).

WRTVH is ridiculously helpful with contact information. *What a
resource.

I am pretty pleased...but...For real DX on a regular basis, I think I
have no choice but to evacuate.

A few more sent out - R. Thailand, Radio Dabanga and Radio Australia
via Palau.