Old February 16th 11, 03:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
raypsi raypsi is offline

Default Battery charger/maintainer for flooded deep-cycle batteries?

If not, then one of the commercial ones would probably be a lot easier
than trying to build one yourself-

Hey ole timer:

First and formost this is a homebrew group.
To suggest to not build and to buy a commercial of the shelf reay to
use product, is like those sex ads that get posted here, they both
have nothing to do with homebrew.

Lastly I built a flooded lead acid charger. I only bought one part the
IC UC3906, I already had a solderless breadboard, the resistors and
capacitors in my junk drawer
The hardest part was figuring the resistor values and how to make
those values, and that was easy.
The heatsink fan came from an old CPU fan heatsink, and I mounted the
pass transistor to that heatsink fan.
I think that the UC3906 was the best think since sliced bread

73 ole timer
de n8zu