Old February 17th 11, 01:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default BBC World Service Shortwave Radio Frequencies List

On 02/16/2011 11:34 PM, Hils wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
On Feb 16, 7:45 pm, wrote:
BBC-WS obviously doesn't view us as 'worthy' listeners . Sadly
enough ...

Does not bother me. The fewer loud signals from doorstep transmitters
I have clogging up my airwaves, the better to hear the faint DX. BBC
is available from so many outlets now that I can forego them
broadcasting at my house from Sackville or Greenville or some such
place :-)

"The axing of five foreign language services and wholesale retreat from
shortwave radio – including the end of broadcasts to India, Russia and
China – will lead to the loss of more than 30 million listeners, a sixth
of the World Service's global audience of 180 million, the BBC
estimates. The five language services being shut down – Portuguese for
Africa, Caribbean English, Macedonian, Serbian and Albanian – have a
combined audience of 3.4 million."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...-cuts-response

(The UK Foreign Office has cut World Service funding by 16%.)

Caribbean English WTF? Good riddance! I can't feature Jamaicans
listening to scratchy shortwave broadcasts so some snooty Englishman can
talk down to them in Pidgin English.