Old February 18th 11, 02:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Reception Reports sent recently

On Feb 17, 5:21*am, dave wrote:
On 02/16/2011 10:52 PM, bpnjensen wrote:

On Feb 16, 8:47 pm, *wrote:

No Record of Family Radio having any -non- AM&
FM Facility in Oakland& *the SF East Bay 'proper'.

That's what I thought, but was not sure.

I'm about 10 miles south of that spot.

There were a few Large Antenna south of Oakland along
the east-side of the Nimitz : All were/are Licensed Amateur
Radio [Ham] Operators : There were/are no C/C/S/F
Transmitters directly along the Nimitz and visable from
Nimitz from Oakland to San Jose
-afaik- from the 1960s ~ now

The Alameda County Facility was in the San Leandro
Hills and the old Nike Radar/Missile Base around
Cabot Road; after that is Mission Peak. ~ RHF
* .

I know about each of these installations; I guess I got the impression
- perhaps wrongly - that Dave's big antenna was quite near the Nimitz
as opposed to far up in the hills (which would put them nearer the
MacArthur Freeway).

Right now, Wiedeman Hill, a few spots on Sunol Ridge and Mount Allison/
Monument Peak have large antenna installations, although none are
large log-periodic. *Mostly public service and commercial TV/FM/
Microwave/cell repeaters.

My own neighborhood in San Lorenzo has quite a few large amateur
antennas, but none especially visible from any freeway.

It could be a global geophysical company, oil explorations, etc. They
use HF antennas as well. I'm almost 100% it's between the Berkeley
marina and the NUMMI plant somewhere, directly East of the freeway. No
National Guard Armory? Nuttin?

- I have dashboard cam photos somewhere.

Like to see it when you find it.