Old February 17th 04, 11:59 AM
Wim Ton

I have read up on the SMD use tips on several homebrew sites, but I'm not
sure my hands or eyes are good enough to do this. I'm just amazed there

For 'normal' SMD work I use one of these big magnifying glasses with a
fluorescent tube around it, a fairly standard article. If you can not find
then, you may also look in a shop for needlework. For finer work and
inspection, I use a 20x stereo microscope, bought for about $30 on Ebay. As
I am 50, my eyes are slowly getting worse. Soldering with a temperature
controlled Weller and 0.5 mm tin.

Succes, Wim