Old February 23rd 11, 08:52 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
John Szalay[_2_] John Szalay[_2_] is offline

Default regency R1090

armymseop wrote in
:

I am having an error coming up how do i fix this

thanks

A Personal opinion,,

That depends on where you live and what you monitor.

In many cases now, with the change to digital systems
for emergency services.
If you lived in our metro area,its really better to sit
it on a shelf and purchase a new digital scanner..
rather than put any cash into repairs, if needed

Not familiar with that model. but the first thing I
would check, would be the backup battery IF that model had
one. If it has one, & Its more than a year old, change it.

I know the older programmable scanners that I had
(both table & handhled models )
the battery getting old or low voltage would result in
the error message , and lost freqs/channels.

(got several old scanners that are pretty much useless
now, with the shift to digital. (both Rat-shack & Bearcat))

Using a digital now and NOT really pleased with the audio
quality at all. normal digital radios sound great,
but the scanner folks are not up to speed on the new stuff yet.
perhaps when this one wears out, they will have fixed that issue.