Old February 25th 11, 03:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Kevin Alfred Strom Kevin Alfred Strom is offline

Default Latest Liberty Net via WB4AIO

On 2/25/2011 8:58 AM, dave wrote:
On 02/25/2011 05:13 AM, Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:
Liberty Net: February 19, 2011

If you’re an amateur radio operator, please check in to the
Liberty Net
at 10PM Eastern Time every Saturday. (If you’re not an amateur, it’s
easier than ever to get your license.) Thanks to N2SAG and N2IRJ and
W1WCR, you can listen live — and chat live — via the Web whenever the
Liberty Net is on the air. You can also download the Liberty Net
right
here at http://3950.net and listen on your PC or personal mp3 player.

http://3950.net/2011/02/liberty-net-february-19-2011/

You're not "broadcasting" here? looks like "broadcasting" to me.

Amateur radio people who long to be broadcasters disgust me. Get a CB.

I don't see how asking people to get their licenses and check into a
discussion net that's been on the air for four decades is
"broadcasting." Plenty of other nets (and repeaters, for that
matter), dozens or maybe even hundreds, have ways to listen in on
the Internet, too. Have you ever asked people to listen in to PSK
transmissions? Does that make PSK "broadcasting"?

You ought to check in, Dave. Many people of widely varying
philosophical persuasions do so, and are welcomed. Put up a good 75
meter antenna!

With every good wish,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--