Old February 25th 11, 05:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D Peter Maus[_2_] D Peter Maus[_2_] is offline

Default Three Yachtsmen Killed by Somali Pirates were Hams

On 2/25/11 11:19 , m II wrote:

On 11-02-25 08:53 AM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

The U.S.Navy should attack every pirated ship and hang ALL pirates.
That's how you stop it.
PIRATING must be stopped! NOW! TODAY.

Thomas Jefferson said the same thing.

Why is it that when dave quotes Jefferson, the dead man is misguided but
when you quote him, he's the embodiment of truth and justice?

mike

I don't speak for Dave, so I can't answer that. But I didn't quote
Jefferson. I merely stated that he, at the time, said that piracy must
be ended NOW.

That was more than two centuries ago. Suggesting that he wasn't
anymore effective at stopping piracy than anyone of our own time making
the same demand.