Old February 25th 11, 07:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default Advice on good desktop SW radio?

On Feb 25, 9:48*am, Kevin Alfred Strom
wrote:
On 2/25/2011 12:30 PM, wrote:

I don't own a TV

I do have Internet and listen to radio that way but Id
still like a conventional SW to listen to

It has to have GOOD audio. A remote control would be
nice to control tuning..

It could be "portable"..... but not POCKET size
portable or the audio will suffer too much

Any advice on what to look for?

Hundred dollar range or little above would be good
to...if that's even possible given specs above

A used Eton E1 is about twice that on Ebay. Very nice audio,
particularly with headphones or external speakers. It's a large
portable; but no remote capability. Its front end performance and
features (including phasing-type selectable-sideband sync detector)
put it in a class with far more expensive desktop receivers.

I have one and like it.

With all good wishes,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--http://nationalvanguard.org/http://kevinalfredstrom.com/

Kevin, I am getting tempted to grab one and try it side-by-side with
my R75. How well does the S-Am hold lock on weak sgnals?