Old February 26th 11, 02:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default I used the rest of my 500 feet roll of 14g stranded

On 02/26/2011 05:59 AM, dave wrote:
and made the biggest loop I could build. It goes from the far corners of
the back yard to the left front corner of the house to a support on the
right side of the house, a kind of truncated rectangle I guess, 15 feet
or so above my desert oasis. I terminated it with an MFJ-913 4:1 BalUn.

The antenna works great for SWL (can't steer it unfortunately for ham
radio) and MWDX. It is very quiet noise from the neighbors. It also
fades less. I can get every powerhouse in the West (except POS KFI) at
night, perfectly. No dimmers buzzing. No plasma TVs. No RV Battery
chargers.

I don't know how long it is, but I really lucked out. It resonates at
3599 KHz, and is below 4:1 everywhere. There is another resonance at
around 15 MHz.

So it appears to be an 80 meter full wave horizontal loop. It involved
the roof, so I had to go slow. It took about 2 hours to erect.

http://www.avantiradio.pl/photo/prod...343ed0e616.jpg

http://www.alliedelec.com/Images/Pro...l/876-1553.jpg