Old February 28th 11, 01:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default I can

On 02/27/2011 08:47 PM, bpnjensen wrote:
On Feb 26, 11:49 pm, wrote:
Bruce, why couldn't you just send a "wave file"?

--
Burr

Thanks, Burr, I would not rule that out - but I am not sure my
existing software can make or convert to a wavefile (.wav). All I
have is MS and Windows sound recording software (creates a .wma file)
and some software Brenda found for me that can convert to an MP3.

If you or anyone has some ideas about this, I (not being a PC-savvy
person at all) would be most appreciative.

Bruce

Burn a Live CD of Puppy Linux. Then cold boot your computer with the
Live CD. A fully-functional version of Puppy Linux will set itself up in
a few minutes. It is preloaded with all kinds of hacker goodness. After
a while, you may decide you prefer it. It'll run completely in RAM; it
only makes a save file with your permission. You shouldn't need to ever
install it on your hard drive, unless you really want to.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/index.php?f=2

http://puppylinux.org/main/Download%...%20Release.htm