Old March 6th 11, 05:52 PM posted to ba.broadcast,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.digital
Richard Evans[_2_] Richard Evans[_2_] is offline

Default IBOC : A Natural Evolution Requires Time and HD-Radio's TimeHas Not Yet Come . . .

Patty Winter wrote:

Their consistent
reliance on suspect information undermines their credibility, causing
people not to take them seriously.

See that mirror over there? You might want to go look in it...

Well said. I agreed with everything in your post. I didn't quote the
rest as there's not much point in just repeating everything.

From my point of view, when I first heard about digital radio (many
many years ago when DAB was still an aspiration for the future), I
thought great. CD quality radio in the car.

But oh what a huge disappointment it is today. Rather than good sound
quality, we have the opposite. Audio that is so bad I find it too
annoying to listen to it. I ended up on alt.radio.digital, because of
the poor sound quality issue. All the other stuff about codecs and
transmission systems are, to me, just part of the many reasons why
digital radio today sounds so sh*t. And now to add insult to injury,
there is talk of switching off FM in favour of these dreadful digital
radio systems. It's got to the point where I would be content to 'put
up' with digital radio, if only it sounded as good as FM.

A good modern digital radio system might not fix all the problems, but
it would at least make good sound quality a feasible option.

Richard E.