Old March 7th 11, 02:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II m II is offline

Default (OT) : New Dual Use CFL + LED Light Bulb -was- Light Bulb Freedom of Choice Act.

"dave" wrote in message
. ..

On 3/6/2011 5:08 PM, m II wrote:
"RHF" wrote in message
New Dual Use CFL + LED Light Bulb

Globe 2-in-1 CFL Bulb and LED Night Light
http://www.lowes.com/pd_161953-53058-0061601_0__?

what's in your light socket ;;-}} ~ RHF
.
.

--------------------
Jeeezz. All they require is a small capacitor in them and we will,
finally, be able to change lights bulbs in the dark.

mike

'cept you don't edver change LED bulbs. They last over 100,000 hours. I
have a 12 Watt LED floodlamp. Very cool (hihi)

----

'cept they don't last that long in real usage.

I have a 14W pot lamp and you will burn your hand on it in the fixture.

The efficiency of LED bulbs, including the lens and packaging and the
ballast is about 15- 22 %...the rest is heat and LED elements can't take it.

That's what all the huge heat sinks are on the bulbs for. Close them in..in
real applications and they burn out.

Ask a traffic signal guy. The LED traffic signals lights are replaced every
3-5 years depending on how many segments are burned out.

It's an LED hoax by the manufacturers.

Monsanto mike