Old March 9th 11, 11:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Antonio Vernucci Antonio Vernucci is offline

Default Suppressor-grid modulation

Try the 2E22 valve.

I used to work with this excellent valve during my military service in 1968,
repairing military equipment that used it as supresor modulated.

Thanks for suggestion. I have some 2E22s, even some 2E24s (quick.heating
versions).

The problem with the 2E22 is that the output power would be small (probably 10W
or so) because, using suppressor screen modulation, the efficiency is rather low
(30%).

Using two 803s I can instead get 200W or perhaps 250W of carrier.

73

Tony I0JX