Old March 10th 11, 06:21 AM posted to ba.broadcast,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.digital
David Kaye David Kaye is offline

Default Regenerative receivers, anyone?

wrote:

He is an enemy of SWL . No excuses accepted whatsoever . Send him to
Devil's Island . Period .

An enemy? Hell, I built my first regen radio when I was 10 years old. I
stung antennas all over creation to the point where my mom got a shock on the
metal clothesline I had connected to one of my radios.

I was first in my neighborhood to build a rhombic antenna after something I
saw in an ancient copy of "Radio Doings" magazine. I still think a rhombic is
one of the most intelligent designs ever made for SWLing.

But that was then and this is now. Oh, I suppose you could tune in SW utility
stations and have fun with that, but all the interesting broadcasters left SW
years ago. About the only thing left to listen to is the utils.

I happen to still have a Radio Shack DX-440 (aka Sangean 803a), which 23 years
later continues to give me good service. But I don't listen to the SW
anymore. There's nothing on it worth hearing.