Old March 10th 11, 05:47 PM posted to ba.broadcast,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.digital
Richard Evans[_2_] Richard Evans[_2_] is offline

Default Time Change

David Kaye wrote:
Richard Evans wrote:

Also for those here in the UK, we don't change out clocks until the last
Sunday in march.

We used to, too. George W. Bush enacted the extra month of daylight time. It
begins 3 weeks before it used to and ends 1 week after it used to. Since
Halloween always fell on standard time, it was fun as kids to go out in the
dark. Now that doesn't happen as Halloween is now on daylight time.

They were talking about putting the clocks 2 hours forward here, as
apparently they reckon it would help tourism. I'm not sure why, as we
already get plenty of light in the evenings during the summer. In June,
sunset doesn't come until about 9:00 pm, and it's still fairly light
until almost 10pm.

Putting the the clocks forward 2 hours would mean, in June, it wouldn't
get dark until about 11pm, and it would be even later in Scotland as
they are both further North and further West.

Richard E.