Old March 11th 11, 02:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Top 10 ways to tell if you might be a member of a public-sector...

On 03/11/2011 01:23 AM, Bob Dobbs wrote:
wrote:
Do you tote a union card?
cuhulin

I did when I worked in Gulfport Mississippi,
the dues weren't as bad as the job would have been without a union.
same thing when I worked in Alabama.
Of course I worked several non-union jobs too... for **** wages.

Union gigs pay very well. My best years were at NBC as a member of NABET
(CWA). I think the union dues are deductible, too.

I don't think $273/day +$50 per diem in lieu of benefits is out of line
for a company that charges $10,000 for a 30 second commercial.