Old March 12th 11, 03:41 AM posted to ba.broadcast,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.digital
[email protected] arthrnyork@webtv.net is offline

Default Time Change

On Mar 11, 11:03*am, spamtrap1888 wrote:
On Mar 10, 4:24*pm, Richard Evans
wrote:

David Kaye wrote:
Phil Keller wrote:

When I am put in charge, we will have daylight savings all year long and
double daylight savings in the summer. Lots of long summer nights.

This is what they did in the former USSR. *Also, there were times when the
U.S. was on DST continuously. *Once was during the Ford administration I
believe. *It had something to do with saving fuel or some such nonsense.

I hear that this was also done here in the UK during the war. Something
to do with with keeping the factories open longer I believe.

Surprised they didn't continue. In WW I to feed the troops, brewers
had to cut the amount of grain used per pint, and British beer has
been low alcohol ever since.

That may partially explain their "unusual behavior" while attending
soccer matches on the Continent .