Old March 12th 11, 04:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] arthrnyork@webtv.net is offline

Default Looking for a Good Active Antenna

On Mar 11, 11:29*am, BucSoprano wrote:
If you need further info, don't hesitate to come back.

Thank you! I do have a couple Yacht Boy 400's with externals inputs so
yes i will consider your advice...

YB 400 by Lextronics (now Eton) ? Good portable , I had the pleasure
of owning one a while ago . Very sensitive ,btw . They produced two
versions, afaik . Namely , YB400 and 400PE . Wouldn't recommend an
external preamp on either one . Passive antenna (space permitting )
will invariably bring in much better performance . Solar Cycle 24 is
warming up lately ,so it may not be needed at all .