Old March 14th 11, 05:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] arthrnyork@webtv.net is offline

Default Tsunami warnings

On Mar 13, 2:57*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
On Mar 13, 6:57*am, wrote:

On Mar 13, 8:16*am, dave wrote:

On 03/12/2011 06:43 AM, Brenda Ann wrote:

I'm listening to 873 KHz, appears to be a Japanese station, broadcasting
tsunami alerts for several Japanese prefectures for up to 6'. Lot of
languages: Japanese, English, Korean, Spanish (wouldn't think there
would be a lot of Spanish speakers in Japan...)

Anyone on the west coast hear it? Pretty strong signal here in the ROK,
and I don't get a lot of Japanese stations.

Don't they habla Espanol in the Phillipines?

Are you kidding ? They have their own language(s) . Literally dozens
of them . *And besides , Spanish has not been used for a long time .
Since 1898 , I believe , it has lost the status of being the official
language ... I did meet some of the older people who did converse in
Spanish , but that was many years ago .

A lot of Spanish influence persists, however. *Many of the people I
know from the Philippines have Spanish names; of course, many have
Tagalog names too.- Hide quoted text -

That is a fact . They do have very common Spanish names , indeed .