Old February 24th 04, 09:50 PM
Dave Platt

If they put the AD9835 in a PDIP and sold it for about $10.00 (the TSSOP
packaged version sells for about $6, I think) , I'd buy a dozen for various
projects, but in the tiny SMD package they're nothing but useless to me.

I'm new to the newsgroup and am sure that this is not the first gripe about
SMD's, but I refuse to use them - not because I can't (at least not yet),
but because I don't want to endure the angst.

Sounds like a good opportunity for an enterprising ham - fab up a
bunch of adapter boards (or buy 'em premade - I think Ares has
something like this), solder down the SMD parts, and sell the
resulting PDIP-compatible boards to interested homebrewers.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO