Old February 24th 04, 09:52 PM
SpamLover

Thank you everyone!

I haven't tried "Meter", but "Dial" already made me the proud owner of
a nicely printed 0-100 linear scale.

Question: I had to do a screen capture and print via IrfanView, as
the Radius setting had no effect on the printed size. Did I do
something wrong?

(However, using the screen capture, the result is excellent!)

Re. log scale: don't you get any serious problems with fine rendering
/ printing? My PC/Video/printer work very well with Meter + IrfanView,
but I can't get anything decent out of Excel/Open Office, as both
approximate fine divisions too roughly for any practical use, even
when doing HUGE pie charts.

Thanks again, sooner or later I'll post pics of the new rig.

It will (should) be a broad tuning-range HF regen with a highly
repositionable, crystal referenced bandspread (either one generic
0-100 linear scale with tuning graph book, or perhaps a series of
slide-in tuning cards, both so cutely retro!) plus switchable
wide/phone/CW audio bandpass filtering, and a few other tricks.

Also, by the way, do you know of anyone using a film scale + lamp +
lens to PROJECT the tuning scale in a homemade device? This would be
sooo cooool! I'd even be tempted to print in the names of a selection
of broadcasters, coastal stations, nets, QPR windows, USN fax, GCSS,
whatever....

Spammy