Old March 16th 11, 09:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] arthrnyork@webtv.net is offline

Default BBC's World Service on 648khz Going Dark in 2 Weeks

On Mar 16, 3:56*pm, dave wrote:
On 03/16/2011 01:33 PM, RP wrote:

*wrote in message
RP wrote:

Anyone ever see a coverage map for the BBC's World Service on 648khz?

I hear it has great coverage over Wester Europe.

How many watts are they pushing?

Thanks!

emwg.info for all info& *more...

coverage is daytime: upto Paris. *Night: rest of Western EU.

Thanks Marc, but I don't see any coverage maps....do you?

How far into Western Europe (at night) does 648 penetrate?

http://emwg.info/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/in...208_648khz...- Hide quoted text -

This is very bad . Maybe they will change their decision in lieu of
the current worldwide troubles . Their 648KHz broadcast was
listenedto widely in Europe over the years . At nighttime it covered
a very wide area on a regular basis ...