Old March 18th 11, 02:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John - KD5YI[_3_] John - KD5YI[_3_] is offline

Default Ping amdx

On 3/17/2011 8:45 PM, amdx wrote:

No. Aren't all go carts electric?

Here's a video, that's about 2 years old. I have since put new deep cycle
batteries on it.
It has a lot of torque, the kids love to do donuts, ok, I do too!
I smoked the first motor after a year or year and a half. Actually the
motor was ok, but
a connection between one 4 gauge wire and eight 16 gauge wires overheated
and created
a lot of smoke. I had a second motor, so I made another motor mount and put
it on.
This started as a project to get my 16 yr old son to build something
instead of play video games.
It was more my project than his, but I had some time with him and he learned
a little, so I'm glad
I did it. He is too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MKjbXltAew
Mikek

That's great, Mike.

I hope you have considered the safety aspects of a broken batter in a
collision.

Probably.

Cheers,
John