Old March 19th 11, 09:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wimpie[_2_] Wimpie[_2_] is offline

Default Skin effect question

On 19 mar, 22:25, JIMMIE wrote:
I was palnning on building a 2M Yagi this weekend and was wondering if
my available bill of materials would have a significant effect on
normal design parameters. The plan is to use 3/4 inch EMT conduit for
the boom and 3/8 inch all-thread for the elements. My concern was that
the threads could change the design frequency.

JImmie

Hello Jimmie,

I think it will be OK, but if you want to be 100% sure, make a dipole
of same thickness tubing and one from the threaded material of choice.
If results are same, you can use it without dimension scaling. Are
you using galvanized or alu material?

If required, apply some corrosion protection.

With kind regards,

Wim
PA3DJS
www.tetech.nl